The following was discussed at the Monday, July 9, meeting at the Maloney House in Hotchkiss:
• The Delta County Fair is Aug. 5-12. VIP wristbands are on sale now at the Delta County Extension Office. These bands grant access to all events throughout the fair. Prices are $25 for youth and $30 for adults (12 and up).
• The fair schedule is available online at deltacountyfair.com or at the Extension Office.
• The Fashion Review is Thursday, July 19, at the Delta Center for Performing Arts, 822 Grand Avenue, Delta.
• The shooting competition is Saturday, July 21, at the Delta County 4-H Range in Eckert. Those who are competing must bring their record books. They need to be at least 70 percent complete and signed by a 4-H leader.
• The 4-H Club Wall decorating party is Friday, Aug. 3, beginning at 6 p.m. in Heritage Hall on the fairgrounds in Hotchkiss.
• We will not be doing a barbecue at the fair this year.
• Any projects going to the Colorado State Fair must be turned in to the Extension Office by Aug. 13, the Monday after county fair.
• County council elections are in our September meeting.
Have a happy and fun fair season!
Delta 4-H County Council Reporter